Community Services & Development Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Full Time – $70,000 – $89,999 + Car + Monthly Bonus
The Family Consultant will be responsible for engaging with families and carers referred to One Future services primarily using assessments, mediation and family group conferencing to identify and address risks that may be present for children and young people in their family.
The Family Consultant role is flexible to meet the needs of the agencies we work with and may include mediation, cultural planning, family group conferencing, parent education, carer training and out of home care assessments using evidence-based, best practice in any contact with families. You will provide advice to agencies about services that can be offered through One Future and help to develop One Future as a preferred provider for agencies to access independent, professional services that support decision-making for children, young people and their families and carers who are involved with Out of Home Care and Child Protection Services.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
This role will primarily look after the Tweed, Lismore, Ballina and Grafton regions but is not limited to these areas. Regular travel, overnight in regional and interstate areas may be required.
We believe that every child should have the chance to be safe, loved and cared for by their family. If you are looking for your purpose, come and work with One Future
Check us out here www.onefuture.com.au
- We have integrity; We act with honesty and show respect in all of our actions. We do the right thing in a respectful way and role-model this for our families we work with.
- We act with courage; We stand up for what we believe in. We strive to make good choices and do the right thing, even when it is difficult or involves taking a risk. We support our families to do the same.
- We persevere; We don’t give up. We dedicate time, energy and effort despite the challenges that may arise. We believe that perseverance can lead us to success in life and teach us many life lessons along the way.
- We live with purpose; Having purpose guides our decision-making, influences behaviours and offers a sense of direction to our lives. Our purpose is to support families to stay together, be connected, strong and safe.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Conduct thorough assessments of children, young people, their families and carers to support decision-making and best practice in line with key legislation and standards of care.
- Work with children, young people and their families who require support, to achieve goals identified as part of individual case plans and work independently to carry out the service required.
- Facilitate family group conferences and act in a professional, independent manner at all times.
- Record all contact with clients of the service using evidence-based, high-level reporting to be reviewed and signed off by Supervisors.
- Liaise effectively with referrers, other service providers and families to deliver a quality service for the client and within required timeframes.
- Work independently as an employee of One Future to deliver high quality, professional assessments including key recommendations for future supports.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to support referrals to the One Future organisation.
- Ensure compliance as a mandatory reporter, and follow ROSH protocols and line management reporting where there are reasonable grounds to suspect that a child is at risk of harm.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as identified by Supervisors and Managers.
- Comply with all One Future Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the Director or Supervisor.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Quality and timely report writing.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
- That children/young people are always safe during service intervention.
- Personnel remained focused on the child/young person throughout the provision of Services.
- Following Child Safe practices in accordance with One Future policies and procedures and attend Child Safe training that is offered by relevant training bodies.
- Build brand awareness
KEY COMPETENCIES: Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Working with Children Check
- National Police History
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current and valid driver licence with no restrictions
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or any other relevant discipline, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a community development context.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with children and families exhibiting complex and multiple support needs
- The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, other agencies and service providers.
- Clean reliable car, with COVID-19 pack (mask, wipes, gloves, hand sanitiser), first-aid kit.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to use multiple technology platforms to conduct assessments and meetings.
- High proficiency in report writing and demonstrated ability to develop, organise and maintain records and reports in a factual and timely manner.
- Ability to work autonomously under limited supervision, exercising sound professional judgement and seeking advice and consultation when appropriate as well as working as part of a wider team
- Personal organisation skills including time management and ability to prioritise competing demands
- Understanding of the importance of handling sensitive and confidential client or service information
- Willingness to travel regularly, overnight in regional and interstate areas if required.
- 2+ years’ experience in similar role
- Mediation/Family Dispute Resolution qualification
- Trained in Step by Step assessments
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Effective conflict resolution skills, negotiation, mediation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates initiative and an ability to problem solve
- Good literacy skills and ability to use multiple technology platforms to conduct assessments.
- Effective communication skills including written and verbal communication with the ability to exercise these skills with people at all levels.
- Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of; Havinc courage, taking risks, living with purpose and living with integrity.
- Fully maintained vehicle
- Work from home
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please click on the apply for this role button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion email [email protected]
https://www.onefuture.com.au | 02 6678 2181
Work with us
One Future is the new player in town and we want to do things differently! If you are a game changer, innovator and someone who likes to try new things, then come join us!